Blueberries are a staple in our home and they are a natural sweetener, which i love. That is the reason why i used them to make this bright and fruity smoothie, that will certainly boost your morning. It’s healthy, easy, and quick to prepare and it’s a refreshing treat after a morning run or an afternoon in the hot sun.
How to make The Breakfast Fusion Smoothie
- Prepare ahead and freeze some bananas. A little tip, anytime you have some bananas that are a little too ripe for you, go ahead and freeze them for your smoothies. Just peel, cut into chunks, toss them into a freezer bag, seal, and freeze.
- Put the frozen bananas into a blender, add a little unsweetened almond milk and blend it together. I have a 1500w Ninja Blender Duo w/ Auto-iQ that works great for this.
- Now add the frozen blueberries , baby spinach, green superfood, spirulina along with more unsweetened almond milk if needed. Blend it all together with ice and you have a breakfast fusion smoothie!
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time3 min
- Total Time8 min
- Energy195 cal
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- ¼ cup green superfood
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in blender and pulse until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes, scraping sides of blender as needed (turn the blender off first). Add additional almond milk, one tablespoon at a time, if it seems too thick.