I love how quick and easy it is to make a healthy and satisfying post-workout recipe like this Vanilla Green Protein Smoothie.This is my go-to green smoothie recipe which is appropriately speedy enough. It only takes 5 minutes!
- Unsweetened almond milk—Most almond milk we buy at the store are sweetened. To make sure there are no added sugars in this green smoothie, It’s better to use only unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. You can also use unsweetened coconut, flax, or cashew milk if that’s your preferred non-dairy milk.
- Banana—Ripe bananas are naturally sweet, and just one super ripe banana in this green protein smoothie does the trick! Banana have natural sugars in them, but they don’t count as added sugar.
- Baby spinach—Spinach is packed with nutrients like calcium, iron, and vitamin C, which are good for you. I use a cup of spinach in this green smoothie recipe. To make sure the spinach has blended well, you can puree it for a minute.
- The Vanilla protein powder used here has some stevia in it to sweeten it, so it doesn’t have any added sugars either. It is vegan protein powder. And there is always the option to add a drizzle of maple syrup to your smoothie if you want a slightly sweeter drink.
- Almond butter– Not only is it indulgent in taste, but it comes packed with protein, fibre and good fats, as well as vitamin E, magnesium and potassium. It makes this smoothie creamy.
- Vanilla extract- Vanilla is a delicious ingredient that can give variety to your smoothies and take them to the next level. It’s enough of a premium ingredient that I usually only use it in simple combinations where its flavor is not overwhelmed by stronger flavors
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time1 min
- Total Time6 min
- Energy194 cal
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 4 tbsp (1 scoop) protein powder
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender and pulse to combine until all ingredients are roughly chopped. Then, puree the smoothie until the spinach is completely blended into the drink.