The author may earn a commission on sales made from links on this page. “Healthy Smoothie Lifestyle is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com”
Trying to find the best smoothie blender?, then keep reading.
If you are like me and you frequent the smoothie and juice neighbourhood more often, then investing in the best blender for smoothies is the next step. You will be making smoothies like a pro in no time and also these appliances can be used to make other delicious homemade nut butters, soups, pancake batter, salad dressings, sauces and desserts. Whether it be for yourself or as a gift to a friend, you’ll want to make sure that you’re getting quality for the money.
With so many latest models on the market right now, choosing the right blender can be tough.The latest models have a lot of impressive features, making it difficult to determine which ones you actually need. Plus, not everyone is willing to spend over hundreds of dollars on a single kitchen gadget. A good blender should be able to easily process everything you put into it, including tough items like frozen berries and ice, all without affecting the motor inside the blender.
What type of blender is right for you?
Not all blenders are made the same way.And you may be wondering which features you need. Firstly, if the blender has a metal container, make sure it’s stainless steel. Always ensure the blender parts are dishwasher safe so that they are kept clean as much as possible. Speed control is useful, as well, especially if you need to start with a slow pulse to break up large chunks of ice or fruit. Consider capacity, too. If you want a quick individual serving, a single-serving blender is fine. However, if you prefer to blend in batches, you may need a larger kitchen blender.
- Countertop blenders are much more powerful and versatile than smaller versions. And, so you’ll be able to crush ice and get silky smooth nut butters, smoothies, and hot soups without issue.
- Handheld immersion blenders are a great option if you’re short on space or don’t want to transfer hot soups from the pot to the jar.
- Food processors are best if you’re primarily looking for a machine to chop, grate, shred and slice. Just know that you might need to add more liquid for purees.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Blender
Blenders range form $50-$1000. Under $100, you can find low to medium quality conventional blenders. At the low end of that range, under $50, there are affordable personal and immersion models. There are also many better quality models closer to the $100 mark. From $100 to $200, you can find more medium quality conventional blenders, with a more accessories. Top-tier conventional models appear more frequently in the $200 – $400 range, with some exceeding $500. They are better built and their motors are more heavy duty. As the cost goes up, you will get more accessories and perhaps more power.
Blenders that have strong motors ( high watts and and a lot of horsepower) work faster and they also produce great blended results. They are usually built to run longer than their lower powered counterparts. However, it means they will be larger and more expensive, but worth it.
Personal blenders don’t take enough space and so they are great for someone who does not have enough storage space.Immersion blenders are the best when it comes to storage because compact hand-held devices can be stored in a drawer when not in use. And then, Conventional blenders are bulkier compared to personal and immersion blenders. They offer more volume and power, but the downside is that they might not fit in your cupboards. As a result, you may need to store it on an open island or a section of counter without cupboards above.
Please note that for all blenders the electronic portion of the blender cannot go in the dishwasher or even be fully immersed.
Personal blenders and all the models that do not support self cleaning, the parts that touches food are usually dishwasher safe. They can be washed by hand, but have to be careful when handling the blades.Blenders with a conventional design (with a motor base and a pitcher) can self-clean quite effectively. Pour some water and a bit of dish soap in the pitcher and run at high speed. The process will clean the blade and the inside of the container without hassle.
Glass or Plastic?, when it comes to the pitcher you have to be careful which one you choose. Glass is usually cheaper and good. It is dishwasher safe and can be used with either hot and cold water, but one has to be careful when it comes to glass because low quality glass will shatter, making it a hazard, whilst the thick glass will prove to be heavy.
High end plastic is lighter, safer and more durable. However, they can be expensive and not all are dishwasher friendly.
Ratings Of The Blenders
Rating 4.8 / 5
- FourSide Jar (75oz volume/32 oz Wet/Dry Fillable)
- Professional-Grade Power
- 6 Pre-programmed Cycles,
- Warranty from manufactured date, not the purchase date
Safety note: Secure the lid before operating the blender.
Rating 4.2 / 5
- Auto-iQ technology features timed, intelligent blending programs that do the work for you, no guesswork…
- XL 2.1l Total Crushing blender pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies (1.8L…
- Nutri Ninja Pro Extractor Blades break down whole fruits, vegetables, ice and seeds for nutrient & vitamin…
- 1-year warranty
Rating: 4.65 / 5
- 20.5 inches tall with the pitcher on, 7.3 inches wide, 8.8 inches deep
- 1400 watts (2 horsepower)
- premium stainless steel blade to turn your vegetables and fruits into silky beverages (like smoothies or creamy sauces) in a matter of seconds.
- The pitcher holds up to 64 ounces (7.5 cups)
- 7-year warranty.
Rating: 4.5 / 5
- Size: KOIOS is a small size, portable, and compact immersion blender.
- Blade: The blades are smooth, and will mix completely
- Washing: ordinary liquid soap can be used for cleaning
- Material: The whole immersion blender made from chemical-free and BPA free materials.
- 2-year limited warranty.
- Safety Note: Don’t operate longer than 1 minute.
The Best Smoothie Blenders For Any Budget
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with FourSide Jar
Blendtec allows you to feed your passion, push culinary boundaries, serve more customers and build your business quickly. Blendtec is used in households and extensively in commercial smoothie shops and eateries all throughout the world, so you know they’re rock solid and designed to withstand even the heaviest use.
- Six pre-programmed cycles
- 10-speed manual control
- Stainless steel forged blade with wings
- BPA-free FourSide Jar
- Plastic container
- Jar vibrates
- Warranty from manufactured date, not the purchase date
Nutri Ninja BL642ANZMN Nutrient Extractor Processor, Black and Chrome
by Nutri Ninja
The Nutri Ninja with Auto–iQ takes the guesswork out of drink making. It features intelligent programs that combine unique timed pulsing, blending and pausing patterns that do the work for you. This is the best smoothie blender if you are looking for something that is designed to make things easier and it does not break your bank.
- Blends Through Dense Foods
- High-Performance Blending combined with the blender’s high-performance blades powers through frozen ingredients and ice for cool smoothies and shakes.
- It features a powerful 1500 watt motor and five speed settings.
- With three cups – 500mL, 650mL, and 900mL, you can enjoy the optimal serving size each and every day or store your smoothie in the fridge for later.
- Nutri Ninja Duo with Auto IQ is also large in size, that is; assures you that no-one will miss out on a glass during the get-togethers.
- It is quieter and has extra large containers for large batches of smoothies or soups.
- It can be loud
- Becomes faulty over time and under delivers in longevity
KOIOS 800W Immersion Hand Blender
The KOIOS 800W immersion hand blender and its accessoriesare a solid set. It’s not capable of everything, but there are many tasks it can help with— and at an affordable price, too.
- The 304 stainless steel blades proved smooth, more excellent, and complete mixing.
- Comfortably handle stiff and thick food items.
- It saves your time, money, and energy.
- It provides you clean and secure mixed food.
- can’t blend large quantities
- the blending wand can’t handle tough ingredients like ice or frozen fruit well.
Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional-Grade
This is your entry into true high-performance blending. The Vitamix 5200 surpasses its rivals with its durability, simple controls, and impressive power. It deservs to be an excellent example of the brand’s high-quality craftsmanship.
The Vitamix 5200 costs more than your standard kitchen blender, but the unit’s premium construction and reliable performance are well worth it.
- Powerful and Durable
- Automatic shut-off function
- Simple and efficient
- Ten speeds control
- good at heavy stuff
- Rather tall
- Requires hand washing
- Not dishwasher friendly
Tips To Get Most Out Of Your Blender
- Shop for a model with a pulse feature that will help loosen items that get stuck under the blades. If your blender has no pulse feature, stop and stir occasionally.
- Always place liquid ingredients in the jar first, followed by the solid ingredients. Ice should go in last.
- When using your blender to chop, be sure to cut or tear vegetables, fruits, and cheeses into one-inch chunks before tossing them in. This will help with making the end result of the ingredients smooth and perfect.
- Don’t leave blender unattended, especially if blending without liquids or on pulse, when the blender is most likely to move on the countertop.
- When cleaning the inside of your blender, fill halfway with warm water, a few drops of soap and run the machine on full power for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Clean your blender soon after use before food debris dries on to the machine.
Caught yourself reading all the way till the end? Why not share with a friend and let us know if this article helped in purchasing the best smoothie blender. Always love hearing from you.
Sharing is Caring!